1-8oz roll Athens Fillo dough
5 cups diced apples, Granny Smith or McIntosh
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½ cup golden raisins
2 Tablespoons melted butter
8oz cream cheese softened
½ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1/3 cup ginger chutney or grated gingerroot
1 Tablespoon milk
Spray 10 inch springform pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1) In large bowl combine apples, sugar, flour, ginger, cinnamon, lemon juice and raisins. Set aside.
2) In a small bowl combine cream cheese powdered sugar, lemon extract, ginger and milk.
3) Unroll Fillo. Remove two sheets at a time and crisscross sheets 6 times. Brushing with butter after each addition. Tuck excess Fillo around sides of pan to seal and prevent filling from leaking.
4) Spread cream cheese mixture on top of Fillo. Top with apples.
5) Cover apples with Fillo. Two sheets at a time pressing Fillo into sides of pan.( 6 times) With remaining Fillo, one sheet at a time crumple sheets around pie to further seal seams. Brush top of pie with butter. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Cover with foil if pie browns too quickly.