Flaky fillo tarts add extra excitement to this light Thai salad that serves as a perfect first course.
- 1 1/2 cups packaged shredded cabbage and carrot mix (coleslaw mix)
- 1 1/2 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/3 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup red radish, finely diced
- 1/3 cup green onions, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 20 sheets Athens® Fillo Dough (9″x14″), thawed
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, baby greens, bean sprouts, radishes, green onions, cucumbers and basil mixing lightly. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, canola oil, honey and red pepper flakes. Drizzle dressing over vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Chill 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter with olive oil. Layer 5 fillo sheets, brushing each with the butter-oil mixture. Cut six 4-inch circles from layered fillo. Lightly brush 3” muffin pan with butter-oil mixture. Place circle into the muffin pan. Carefully push fillo into cup, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Repeat process 3 times to make 24 tarts.
- Bake fillo cups in a preheated 350ºF oven for 8 – 10 minutes or until golden. Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of vegetable mixture into each fillo tart. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve chilled.