2 pounds spinach washed, chopped
¼ cup scallions chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1.5 tbl chopped garlic
¾ cup feta (crumbled)
½ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
¼ cup dill (chopped)
¼ cup parsley (chopped)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/4 cup olive oil
½ cup butter melted
14 phyllo dough sheets
1. Squeeze out moisture and then mix the spinach, dill, parsley, scallions, salt and pepper in a large bowl, let stand 10 minutes. Heat olive oil in a large skillet to saute garlic and onions until transparent, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and cheeses. Remove from heat and cool, stirring occasionally to room temperature then mix eggs in with a wooden spoon.
2. Brush the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking dish with butter. Line the dish with a sheet of phyllo, pressing the edges of the pastry firmly into the corners and against the sides of the dish brushing each with butter. Repeat until you have 7 layers.
3. Place the spinach mixture on top of the phyllo dough and smooth it into the corners.
4. Brush the top of a sheet of phyllo dough with butter and place it on the spinach. Repeat until you have 7 layers. Turn the edges over to form a crust. Brush the top with the remaining butter.
5. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown on top, about 30-50 minutes.
6. Cut into squares and serve hot.