These tasty tarts featuring Granny Smith apples and golden raisins make for a fitting fall treat.
- 3 1/2 cups (3 medium) Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons apple brandy
- 10 sheets Athens Fillo Dough (9 x 14 ), thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, simmer apples, raisins, brandy, sugar, apple juice, cinnamon and vanilla for 8 to 10 minutes or until apples are tender and raisins are plump.
- In small bowl, dissolve corn starch in water and apple brandy, and stir into apple mixture while it is simmering to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Prepare 12 fillo tart shells, 3″ diameter, according to directions for tart shells linked to the right.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of apple mixture into unbaked tart shells in greased muffin pans. Bake in 350ºF oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon Cinnamon Sabayon Sauce, onto plate and set two tarts on sauce. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.